As I have mentioned before, we usually do pasta on Saturday or Sunday, every week. This weekend, with the holiday, we decided to do our pasta on Monday in stead. Chicken and Broccoli Pasta in Cream Sauce, with sundried tomatoes, is what I decided on.
I had half of an onion left from yesterday’s frittata, so I started by chopping it finely. I also went ahead and chopped the sundried tomatoes.
I sprayed a little bit of avocado spray into a large skillet. The onions and garlic were added and cooked until the onions were translucent.
The next step was to add the chicken to the pan.
At this time, I also added the umami seasoning (if you haven’t tried this seasoning, why not?? It is delicious! The only I use, I get from Trader Joe’s).
Once the chicken was cooked through, I added the chicken stock and brought it to a boil. Then added the bag of frozen broccoli and sundried tomatoes. I covered the pan allowing the broccoli to fully thaw out.
Once the broccoli was warmed through, I added the cream, salt and pepper and brought it up to a low boil. I added in part of the cheese at this time and stirred.
Finally, I added the pasta to the skillet and mixed it through – added the remaining parmesean cheese.
The only step left is to serve and enjoy!
Chicken and Broccoli Pasta with Cream Sauce
1 box penne pasta
2 chicken breasts, cubed
Cooking spray (I use avocado oil)
12 oz bag frozen broccoli
2 tbsp sundried tomatores, chopped
1 tbsp garlic
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp umami seasoning
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
- Boil pasta as directed, until al dente
- Finely chop onion
- Chop sundried tomatoes
- In lightly sprayed / oiled pan, cook onions and garlic until onions are translucent
- Add chicken and umami seasoning to pan and cook until chicken is done
- Add chicken stock, sundried tomatoes and broccoli to pan, bring up heat.
- Once brocolli is no longer frozen, add in cream, salt and pepper (I use 1/2 tsp each) and bring temperature to a low boil.
- Add al dente pasta to skillet and mix.
- Add parmesean cheese and serve