This is a super quick recipe for a busy weeknight. And, that is just what I needed after arriving home late from work!
The first step is to cook your chicken. I cook mine in the instant pot and shred it in the same pot. I detailed how to do this, in this post.
As the chicken was cooking, I prepped the poblano pepper, shallot and cilantro and set it aside.
Once the chicken is done, and you’ve safely released the pressure, you just need to dump the remaining ingredients into the instant pot. Replace the lid and set the instant pot to the soup/stew setting, low pressure and 5 minutes.
After your 5 minutes are up, do quick release and remove lid. The final step was to add in the cream (you can totally skip this part if you don’t want a creamy soup).
Easy peasy – a quick and delicious weekday meal!
Creamy Chicken and Cannellini Soup
2 chicken breasts, shredded
8 cups of chicken stock (including stock used to cook the chicken)
3 cans cannellini beans
1 – 7 oz can green chilis, medium
1 poblano pepper, diced small
1 shallot, diced small
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- Cook and shred chicken in the Instant Pot (use 1 cup of chicken broth to cook the chicken)
- Chop poblano pepper, shallot and cilantro
- Once chicken is cooked an shredded, add in the remaining ingredients, all except the cream, and put lid back on instant pot
- Set instant pot to soup/stew setting, low pressure and 5 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, release pressure and add in cream and stir through
- You can add jalapenos, more lime juice, cheese or chips, if you like