Let’s face it – Mondays are hard! And hard days need easy dinners. Between needing something easy and the fact that I didn’t make pasta this past weekend, pasta seemed like the best option (can you tell that I missed my pasta this weekend?? I did – I admit it, I did!).
As 99% of my pasta recipes do, this one started with onions and garlic. It also included chicken, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice! All good things things in my book!
I started by prepping my ingredients – dicing the onion, cubing the chicken and halving the tomatoes.
Then I cooked the onion and garlic, in a hot pan, with a small amount of oil – until the onions were translucent.
I added the cubed chicken and spices and cooked the chicken through.
The final step of making the ‘sauce’ for the pasta was to add the chicken stock, cream, lemon juice, tomatoes and basil. While I was cleaning up my prep mess (when I can – I prefer to clean as I go – it’s so much nicer to sit down to dinner without having a mess hanging over you!), I let the sauce thicken.
Then I just added the pasta and topped with a little bit of parmesan cheese and stirred well.
To serve, everyone just added as much additional parmesan cheese as they liked.
Despite the heavy cream – this sauce was refreshingly light! A perfect pasta for a Monday night – and will make some mighty fine leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
Pasta with Chicken, Tomato and Lemon Sauce
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 box bowtie pasta
2 -3 cups halved cherry tomatoes (adjust give your tastes)
1/2 white, diced
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp garlic
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp umami seasoning
Juice of one lemon
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Dice onion, halve cherry tomatoes and cube chicken breasts
- Cook pasta to al dente, set aside
- In hot pan, add olive oil, onion and garlic – cook until onions are translucent
- Add in chicken, salt, garlic salt and umami seasoning – cook chicken until done
- Add in lemon juice, chicken stock and heavy cream – bring to a boil
- Reduce heat, add tomatoes and basil – cook for 15 minutes
- Add in pasta, stir and cook allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve