I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but every now and again, I do. I thought I would do a small rice pudding to see if that satisfied the sweet craing I was having. I didn’t have any raisins, but I did have some honeycrisp apples, so I decided to do an apple rice pudding.
I used basic ingredients, with the addition of the apple.
In a large bowl, I whisked the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, sugar and vanilla together.
After that, I stirred in the rice and apples.
The mixture was added to a 5×5, buttered, baking dish and placed in a water bath and cooked in a, preheated, 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
When the rice pudding was one, I removed it from the oven and stirred it up to ensure that the apples were well distributed.
Oven Baked Apple and Cinnamon Rice Pudding
1 – 1 1/2 cup cooked rice (depending on how wet/dry you like your rice pudding)
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 small honeycrisp apple, diced
- In bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, sugar and vanilla extract
- Add in Rice and apples and mix
- Butter small baking dish (I used a 5X5 baking dish)
- Pour mixture into baking dish
- Bake for 1 hours, in a water bath, at 350 degrees
- Fluff rice pudding when it comes out of the oven, add a little more cinnamon to each serving if you like