I’m not a huge pancake person, but my family loves them. We had some bananas that needed to be used, so I thought ‘banana pancakes’ (well, actually, I thought ‘banana pancakes or banana waffles?’ and decided on pancakes.).
Only a handful of ingredients are needed for these pancakes: a banana, 2 eggs, flour, sugar, milk, butter and cinnamon.
Prep started by whisking the eggs and adding in the other wet ingredients and mixing with everything but the flour and bananas.
I, then, mixed in the flour. After the mixture is well incorporated, I whisked in the bananas, making sure to not over mix.
I used a hot griddle and poured the pancake batter out in 1/4 cup portions. I flipped them, once the batter started to bubble and once the bottoms are golden brown, your pancakes are done.
** Note: the extra sugar from the bananas will result in a more golden pancake.
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 cup milk
3 tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 cup self rising flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
Oil for griddle
- Mash banana in small bowl
- In large bowl, whisk eggs
- Add milk, butter cinnamon, sugar and cinnamon to bowl and mix well
- Add in the bananas and mix well
- On a hot griddle, pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake
- Flip pancake when the batter starts to bubble
- Remove pancake, when bottom is golden brown.